Narrow-Lap Seam Welders are designed for high-speed, continuous operation such as electrolytic tinning, cleaning and annealing lines where strip joining time must be minimized.
To achieve maximum speed, T-W Narrow-Lap Welders are completely pneumatic. Down-cut shear is “raked” to provide maximum vertical clearance for strip and operator visibility. T-W has designed and built over 150 Narrow-Lap Welders to meet exacting coil joining requirements.
Narrow Overlap FEATURES
Less than double the parent metal thickness
- Although not as thin as Prep/Lap or C-Flat joints, the Narrow-Lap joint is less than double the strip thickness.
- A single-pass welding technique, along with an entry strip pre loading mechanism and scrap-end retractor (optional), make it the fastest continuous seam welder available today.
- Fully automated Taylor-Winfield Narrow-Lap Welders utilize the latest electronic, mechanical and welding advancements to eliminate the potential for incorrect operator input.
- Rugged “C” frame configuration.
- Durable “Oil Bath” welding heads with quick-change weld wheel feature.
- High precision pneumatic or hydraulic dual resquaring shear with four sided cutting blades.
- Pneumatic or hydraulic entry and exit clamps with quick change clamp liners.
- Urethane clamp inserts to prevent strip slippage and separation.
- Precision linear motion control of welding carriage.
- AC, DC and MFDC weld current available.
- Automatic weld parameter set-up with “Upper Level” computer communication.
- Low-voltage or edge sensor weld initiation to prevent strip edge and weld wheel damage.
- Constant current weld control for consistently high weld quality.
- Various PLC’s available – GE Fanuc, Siemens, Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley).
- “Upper Level” computer communication via Profibus, Ethernet, or TCP/IP protocol.
- Automatic centering guides
- Automatic strip cross alignment
- Closed loop water chillers
- Notchers for trimming strip edges
- Weld quality “bulge” tester
- Weld temperature monitoring
- Weld wheel dresser