Need Some Help?
The PrepLap Seam Welders are designed with a high-speed joining process suitable for many steel types and analyses, including uncoated low-carbon, medium-carbon, silicon and ferritic stainless, as well as steels with coatings of tin, paint, chrome, aluminum, zinc and lead.
Welds are less than 10% of parent metal thickness
Forgiving welding process compared to Laser and other joining processes.
- Skilled Trade personnel do not need extensive training to operate and maintain the welder.
- No need to release tension in your mill to pass the weld -creates a “Rollable Weld”.
- Less concern about weld breaking when moving across strip support and tension rolls.
- In many applications, the weld does not have to be removed before subsequent processing coating, annealing, or galvanizing the strip.
- No damage to seals, rolls or bearings when passing the weld through the line.
- Less waste and scrap.
- Lower initial investment, operating and maintenance costs than TIG, MIG or Laser welding systems.
- Fast cycle time – typically less than 60 seconds for the maximum width and thickness.
- Rugged “O” frame configuration.
- Durable “Oil Bath” welding heads with quick-change weld wheel feature.
- High precision pneumatic or hydraulic dual resquaring shear with four sided cutting blades.
- Pneumatic or hydraulic entry and exit clamps with quick change clamp liners.
- Urethane clamp inserts to prevent strip slippage and separation.
- Precision linear motion control of welding carriage.
- Automatic scrap removal.
- AC, DC and MFDC weld current available.
- Automatic weld parameter set-up with “Upper Level” computer communication.
- Low-voltage or edge sensor weld initiation to prevent strip edge and weld wheel damage.
- Constant current weld control for consistently high weld quality.
- Various PLC’s available – GE Fanuc, Siemens, Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley).
- “Upper Level” computer communication via Profibus, Ethernet, or TCP/IP protocol.
- Matrix or algorithmic weld parameter adjustment control.
- Automatic centering guides
- Automatic strip cross alignment
- Closed loop water chillers
- Notchers for trimming strip edges
- Weld quality “bulge” tester
- Weld temperature monitoring
- Weld wheel dresser