Need Some Help?
Arc Welding is the most versatile of all strip welding processes. It is applicable to almost all ferrous and non-ferrous metals in a broach range of thicknesses and offers a wide selection of parameters to meet a precise requirement. It is often used when a butt-type joint is mandatory, and occasionally when a rollable weld is needed.
ARC Welders FEATURES
|Coil Thickness||0.45mm (0.018”)||25mm (1.0”)|
The most popular types of fusion (Arc) welding processes are:
- Plasma Arc Welding
- Submerged Arc Welding (SAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) (TIG)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) (MIG)
GTAW- Weld near parent metal thickness
GMAW- Weld near parent metal thickness after inline trimming
Forgiving welding process compared to Laser and other joining processes.
- Skilled Trade personnel do not need extensive training to operate and maintain the welder.
- No need to release tension in your mill to pass the weld -creates a “Rollable Weld”.
- Less concern about weld breaking when moving across strip support and tension rolls.
- In many applications, the weld does not have to be removed before subsequent processing coating, annealing, or galvanizing the strip.
- No damage to seals, rolls or bearings when passing the weld through the line.
- Less waste and scrap.
- Rugged frame configuration.
- High precision pneumatic or hydraulic single or dual resquaring shear with four sided cutting blades available.
- Pneumatic or hydraulic entry and exit clamps with quick change clamp liners.
- Urethane clamp inserts to prevent strip slippage and separation.
- Precision linear motion control of welding carriage.
- Automatic scrap removal.
- Automatic weld parameter set-up with “Upper Level” computer communication.
- Various PLC’s available – GE Fanuc, Siemens, Rockwell Automation (Allen Bradley).
- “Upper Level” computer communication via Profibus, Ethernet, or TCP/IP protocol.
- Matrix or algorithmic weld parameter adjustment control.
- Automatic centering guides
- Automatic strip cross alignment
- Closed loop water chillers
- Notchers for trimming strip edges
- Weld quality “bulge” tester
- Weld temperature monitoring
- Weld “tip” dresser